Monday, January 21, 2013

Doesn't Time Fly...

 
When you're having fun sewing that is.  I can't believe it's almost the end of January!

I have been busily working on some new projects.  All are English paper pieced, some with a bit of applique and of course lots of fussy cutting.

 

Here are some close-ups of some of the blocks 
 
This fabric is great for fussy cutting...
 


I'm having heaps of fun with this one!

I've also started working on a quilt with Mariner's Compass blocks (English paper pieced of coure!)

Here's a little sneak peak of what I've done so far


There's lots more to come on this one... circles, stars and lots more of that yummy border print!

And... I've added some more Lucy Boston blocks.

There are a few more projects I want to show you but I'll save that for another post.

Happy stitching

Rachael x

PS. if you'd like to join me for a class or two pop over and see the dates on my Classes page






















14 comments:

  1. You truly are a great Fussy cutter Rachael. They all look so lovely.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful, as usual, I wouldn't expect anything less....xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Rachael you are an insperation...Can not wait to do another one of your classe's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just discovered your blog and I can see its going to be one to watch! - some fabulous fussy cutting there. And I love you r blog header with the Lucy Boston block :)
    Hilda Every Stitch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - LOVE your work. Not possible to pop over physically - but will be following.
    Great use of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a beautiful star, better stars really incredible !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work, you have a gift for selecting and putting fabrics together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous fussy cutting Rachael you have inspired me to look at fabric differently....
    Love your quilt in Quilters Companion mag.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Star Gazing was love at first sight for me. My first star is done, now the rest ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just saw Victorian Tiles quilt on Quilters Companion Mag. May I congratulate you on a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Nancy, I'm glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete